Expert Roofing Repair Services in Waukesha, WI
For the average homeowner, the idea of doing a total roof replacement can be intimidating. Thankfully there are other options available that don’t require a total replacement. There are a number of preventive steps you can take to avoid the expense of a full roof replacement. Solutions that homeowners can take to care of their roofs include performing basic repairs to fix minor problems and maintaining appropriate insurance to care for the larger repairs.
Even in the worse weather, your house will stand strong and firm due to our expert recommendations and proper assessments. Our specialists will ensure that your house will be weather-tight all year round.
Common Causes of Damage
Damage can be found in a variety of areas. Damage can lay undetected by the untrained eye, but our specialists have the expertise to find it wherever it may be. This makes sure that even the tiniest damage is detected and fixed before it becomes worse. We offer replacements for most roofing materials and we also service different slopes. Our team performs damage assessments that most insurance companies accept.
Some of the common types of damage are:
- Tree Damage – During storms, falling trees can damage your roof requiring extensive repair or replacement
- Weak, Vulnerable Areas – Several vents and outlets such as skylights protrude through the roof of your house and can become the source of leaks leading to damage within the roof area as well as in the interior of the home
- Clogged Gutters – When the gutters on your home become clogged with leaf litter, it may cause an overflow and cause damage to the roof, siding, and the home’s foundation if the problem is not resolved
- Storm Damage – Rain, snow, wind, and hail can cause layers of shingles to tear off or to break through the granular covering, exposing the home’s structure underneath it and blistering, wearing-down, and erosion can occur if left alone
- Animal Damage – Animals can claw their way into your home’s structure and gnaw away at the roof’s foundation, causing extensive damage
- Chimney Flashing – The sheet metal installed for the purpose of ensuring that the connection between the chimney and roof, can over time allow for water leakage
Types of Roof Repair
- Tile – Hail storms cause tile to crack, letting rainwater inside, damaging the interior of the home
- Shingle – Replacing the shingles removed by weather damage
- Slate – Great protection against weather damage, but can break if hit hard enough by debris
You should never ignore whatever damage your roof has suffered. If you ignore the problems too long it can result in irreparable damage that will require either a partial or full roof replacement. For instance, a leaking roof can result in the foundation of the building becoming bent, expanding, and gradually rotting, contributing to a moist environment for excessive mold and fungus formation. Respiratory issues like allergies and asthma can become an issue due to the reduction of air quality by mold and mildew.
Contact Us for Your Roofing Repairs
Our experts will come out and take a look at your home and recommend the best ways to make sure it stays weather-tight. When you are all set to book an appointment, consult our contact page to begin today.